Call for Submissions
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Abstract Review Board (ARB) of the conference
- Agronomy and Agricultural Research
- Bioactive constituents, Micronutrients, Food Additives and Ingredients
- Beverage Technology
- Bioavailability and Bio accessibility of Food and Nutrients
- Dietary and Nutritional Supplements
- Dairy Science Technology
- Food Structure, Flavor and Food Quality
- Food Authentication and Traceability
- Food and Drug Analysis
- Food Processing and Packaging Technologies
- Food Microbiology and Food Safety
- Food and Chemical Engineering
- Food and Dairy Technology
- Food and Agriculture Biotechnology
- Food Nanotechnology
- Health Effects of Food Constituents-Gut Microbiota Interactions
- Food Microbiology
- Food Packaging and Preservation
- Food Waste
- Food and Beverages Hotel Management
- Food Borne Illnesses
- Food fortification
- Food Substitution and Adulteration
- Food Consumer Science
- Global Concerns in Food Security
- Modern Food Science Research and Trends
- Probiotics and Nutraceuticals Beverages
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance of Food
Dr. Syed S. H. Rizvi
is a Professor of Food Process Engineering, Institute of Food Science, Cornell University, USA. His research focuses on experimental and theoretical aspects of bioseparation processes using supercritical fluids and membranes, high pressure extrusion with supercritical CO2, physical & engineering properties of biomaterials and novel food processing technologies.
- Bio separation processes , food processing technologies.
Dr. Moshe Rosenberg
is a Professor, Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California, USA. His research work develops a new understanding about the micro-encapsulating properties of proteins, lipids and carbohydrates, food microstructure, food forensic, milk processing and the development of quality attributes of dairy products, cheese technology and chemistry.
- Micro-encapsulating properties of food
Dr. Conrad O. Perera
is a Professor in the School of Chemical Sciences, University of Auckland, New Zealand. His research focuses on Chemistry and Technology of Processing of food products, with special emphasis on functional foods, extraction of bioactives, development of novel methods of processing including energy efficient methods of drying.
- Extraction of bioactives , Processing of food products
Dr. Xiaobo Zou
is a Professor and PhD Supervisor in the Department of Food and Biological Engineering, Jiangsu University, China. His research interests are in the area of quality and safety evaluation of food and agricultural products. His current research emphasis is developing new gas sensors, hyperspectral imaging technology and biosensors for assessing quality of food and agricultural products.
- Hyperspectral imaging technology and biosensors for assessing quality of food and agricultural products
Dr. Daniel Y.C. Fung
is a Professor of Animal Sciences and Industry & Food sciences, Kansas State University, USA. His research work includes Rapid detection of spoilage and harmful microorganisms in food, clinical specimens, industrial and environmental samples can help prevent food spoilage and food borne outbreaks and promote food safety and public health.
- Food safety and public health
Dr. Shuntang Guo
is a Professor of College of Food Science & Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, China. His research focuses on food chemistry, colloid chemistry theoretical aspects researches of plant protein and milk protein, processing and application of new technologies of soy foods and plant protein, structural, function and nutrition studies of food protein peptide.
- Food chemistry, colloid chemistry
Dr. Monique Lacroix
is a Professor at INRS-Institut Armand-Frappier, Laval, Quebec, Canada. Her research in food science is focused on improving the bio food industry through the exploitation of new processing technologies and treatments to ensure the overall quality of food as well as the use of food by-products to develop new high quality products.
- New processing technologies in food
Food Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Yongkeun Joh Assistant Professor of Food Chemistry and Ingredient Technology
- Bioassays using microfluidics for microorganism detection and separation; polymer and organic molecule synthesis; encapsulation, functionalization, and bioavailability of small molecules and food ingredients; food processing, characterization, treatment, and conversion of waste to value; holistic modeling and simulation
Charles has consulted for a number of multinational companies advising on various aspects of multisensory design, packaging, and branding. He has also conducted research on human-computer interaction issues on the Crew Work Station on the European Space Shuttle. Charles and his group are currently working on problems associated with the design of foods that maximally stimulate the senses (together with Heston Blumenthal, chef of The Fat Duck restaurant in Bray). His group also has a very active line of research on the design of auditory, tactile, and multisensory warning signals for drivers and other interface operators (together with Toyota). Charles is also interested in the effect of the indoor environment on mood, well-being, and performance (together with ICI).
Charles has published over 500 articles in top-flight scientific journals over the last 15 years. Charles has been awarded the 10th Experimental Psychology Society Prize, the British Psychology Society: Cognitive Section Award, the Paul Bertelson Award, recognizing him as the young European Cognitive Psychologist of the Year, and, most recently, the prestigious Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation in Germany, not to mention the 2008 IG Nobel prize for nutrition, for his groundbreaking work on the ‘sonic crisp’!
SSOR OF EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY
- Design of multisensory foods, products, interfaces, and environments in the future.
Doctor of medical sciences, professor. In 1964-1972, I worked in the Institute of Physiology, responsible for the regulation of muscle contraction. In 1974-1991, I worked in the Institute of nutrition, responsible for the regulation of energy metabolism and metabolic diseases. Developed metabolic model of balanced diet coupled with effects of toxic compounds, physical activity and dietary factors. Has developed specialized nutrition products for athletes and for the prevention and treatment of metabolic diseases. Currently working in the Scientific Center of anti-infective disorders, develop approaches of reducing the negative impact of drugs.
- METABOLIC SYNDROME , FOOD RESEARCH
Mansura Mokbul completed her MS in Human Nutrition from Ghent University in 2014. To widen her knowledge in the food science field, she joined the PhD program at School of Science, Monash University, Malaysia in 2019. Now she is working on preparing cocoa butter alternatives from oil blends. She is also working as a faculty member in Noakhali Science and Technology University, Sonapur, Bangladesh since 2015.
- Food Research
AIT chekdid studied agronomy and industrial food technologies at the Ecole Nationale Supérieure Agronomique in Algeria, and obtained her engineering degree in 2015. She then did a master’s degree in Biotechnological and Food Sciences and Processes (SPBA), at the university of Lorraine in France, and graduated in 2017. She was recruited in 2018, by the St Hubert company to do a Ph.D. which allowed her to join professor Linder’s research group at the LIBio lab in Nancy, France. She works on the formulation of new fermented vegetable desserts, which allowed her to publish a research article in the LWT journal.
- Fermented vegetable & desserts